My little boy is almost 2 years old and I want him to grow up with fond memories of this special time of year. With this new found motivation for a Christmas tradition, I decided to craft my very own DIY easy Advent Calendar and fill it up with amazing kid friendly crafts to do together each day in December by counting down to Christmas. You can find the 25 countdown crafts that I rounded up from other talented bloggers here at - 25 Countdown Crafts to Christmas. If crafting all 25 crafts in 25 days seems daunting, then spread the crafts out over two months starting in November. If that still seems daunting, then pick and choose which crafts you want to do and on the other days read a special Christmas book, bake cookies, play Christmas songs, or read an Advent scripture verse.
What is lovely about this easy DIY Advent Calendar, is that you can create a whole new set of 25 different crafts or activities for next year by simply buying new blank gift tags that can be attached to the clothes pins.
I found all my Advent Calendar craft supplies at Hobby Lobby, however, any craft store should carry all of these supplies. Be creative and don't feel that you have to use these exact colors and supplies. To make this easy DIY Advent Calendar, I will list the supplies that are needed below.
- 25 Wooden Clothes Pins
- 25 Blank Tags
- Number Stickers from 1 to 25 (or print the numbers from your computer)
- Red and Brown Card Stock (1-2 large red sheet and 2 large brown sheets)
- Circle Template (or two different sized cups for tracing round circles)
- Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
- Red or Black Magic Marker
- Brown Ribbon or Garden RopeThe first thing that I did was cut out 25 smaller circles from the red card stock. Then I cut out 25 larger circles from the brown card stock and cut them into pretty flower shapes. Make sure to practice with one set of circles so that the smaller circle will fit nicely inside the larger circle. Please also note that you do not need to make the flower shape for the outer circle. The larger circle can be left as a plain circle and it will still be really cute! Next I placed a dab of hot gun glue on the clothes pin, glued the larger circle into place and then glued the smaller circle on top. I placed the number stickers in the center of each circle, wrote a craft on each blank tag, attached the garden rope to our fireplace mantel, and clothes pinned everything together.
I am very happy with how it turned out! 🙂
Now we are ready to start our 25 Countdown Crafts to Christmas tradition!