I'm excited to share our Montessori at Home Preschool (2.5-6 year olds) plans. Especially as we are just starting this school year. This is a weekly outline of our plans for the entire school year! Plus, links to practical life skills, Montessori at home materials list, and free printables! These unit studies can be used for homeschool or for example, after school fun activities to supplement learning.
I am following an older version of the NAMC manuals. A lot of this outline is modified from the table of contents from each of my NAMC manuals. As we complete the activities in this list, I will add a blog link so that you can follow along with our Montessori homeschooling journey!
Follow the Child
Please note that this homeschool plan is fluid. It will change to "follow the child" and what works best for our home life. This plan will also incorporate practical life activities as part of our daily learning. One part of this series is a list of Practical Life Skills. You will even be able to download a free checklist.
I also want to add that I never push Little Bee to do any of these learning activities. If he is not interested, I put the lesson away until a later time. We enjoy learning together. Actually begs me for prepared learning activities! He loves when I spend quality time with him.
The most important thing to remember is that every child is different. They all learn at their own pace and style. This guide will help you as inspiration. enjoy!
For a list of suggested materials that can be used with this plan, visit - Montessori Materials List for Preschool at Home.
You'll find many ideas that will make your job easier
Themed Unit Studies
We love to do thematic unit studies. These include a section on language, math, fine and gross motor work. Also, we like, practical life activities, arts & crafts, and other subjects that fit the theme.
Your child will love to make them!
Here are two examples:
Montessori at Home Preschool Plans
Each month will have a different theme. Click on each link to visit the post. Learn how we put each unit study lesson together
- Colors – Color Mixing
- Color Box 2
- Apple Felt Life Cycle
- Apple Unit - Letter A
- Math Introduction Unit – Sensorial Materials, Tot Trays
- Land, Air, Water
- H is for Heaven - Bible Lesson
- Leaf Unit – Letter L
- Autumn Sensory Play
- Human Anatomy Unit (Biology)
- November Countdown Thankful Tree
- R is for Rebekah at the Well - Bible Lesson
- Snake Unit - Letter S
- Frog Unit
- Turtle Unit – Letter T
- The Calendar & Seasons (History Intro)
- J is for Jesus - Bible Lesson
- 20+ Hands On Bible Lessons for Kids
- Montessori Art Appreciation for Toddlers
- 8 Montessori Inspired Christmas Activities
- 6 Firework Art Trays
- 10 Painting Activities
- S is for Star of Bethlehem & Baby Jesus - Bible Lesson
- Montessori Geography – Learning Continents
- Culture - Children of the World & Song
- Penguin Unit (Antarctica)
- Winter Forest Animals - Footprints
- Creation of Man (Creation Series) - Bible Lesson
- 10 Valentine Tot Trays
- Our Daily Routine - My Day (history)
- Rainbow Unit
- Hibernation Unit
- Scripture Puzzle - Bible Lesson
- Dental Unit
- Learning to Read Unit - Preschool Books
- Easter Activities
- Sensorial - DIY Smelling Bottles with Printable
- Image of Daniel Chapter 2 - Bible Lesson
- 5 Montessori Seasonal Activities
- Build a Bird Nest
- Solar System Unit Introduction
- Horse Unit
- N is for Noah's Ark - Bible Lesson
- Bird Unit
- Garden & Seed Unit (vegetables)
- Preparing Big Brother (or Sister) for a New Baby
- Insect: Bee Unit
- Daniel in the Lion's Den - Bible Lesson
- Practical Life - Dressing Frames & Folding Work (Care of Self)
- Ocean Unit (Fish Puzzle)
- Recycling Unit
- U is for United - Bible Lesson
July/August (Summer Break)
- Homeschool Room (updated shelves & organization for the new school year)
Montessori at Home Printable Planners
Click the image above or the link below for this FREE unit study planner.
For a more comprehensive Montessori at Home Planner (48 pages long) - visit my friend Tanya at The Natural Homeschool blog andenter the coupon code MHH$1OFF for $1.00 off!
Click HERE to check it out!
The school period is one of the best times to implement these ideas. If you couldn't start on time, don't worry, it's never too late!
The Montessori method can be applied in many ways. Here you will find many options:
- Let’s Define the Montessori Method
- 100+ Montessori Inspired Activities for Toddlers
- 15 Montessori Toddler Shelf Themes
- 100+ Practical Life Skills with Free Printable Check List
- Tips for Montessori Spaces at Home
- Montessori Materials List for Preschool at Home
- Our Montessori Inspired Homeschool Plan for Preschool (3-4 Years Old)
- Montessori Homeschool Organization
Resources that We Love:
- Montessori Services (materials)
- Montessori By Mom (monthly kit)
- Little Passports (monthly kit)
- Montessori Commons (theory)
- Montessori Print Shop (printables)